Automation Maintenance Technician
Inginaire is looking for a Automation Maintenance Technician for our client, the industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized quick disconnect couplings for the life sciences, industrial, and chemical handling markets, in St. Paul, MN. Our client is part of a worldwide global manufacturing company. The Automation Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance, support, development and implementation of automated work cells to minimize machine down-time and optimize productivity. This position will strongly focus on constantly looking to improve current systems and methods through the identifying of new technologies or automated processes.
Preferred Requirerments :
- Respond quickly & efficiently to production downtime situations to maximize machine up-time.
- Drive continuous improvement to enhance work cell productivity through the use of identifying and developing new methods, subsystems, or entirely new automation processes.
- Must be familiar with programming PLCs, pick and place devices, fiber optic sensors, and vibratory systems (tracks and bowls).
- Troubleshooting of equipment to repair or replace defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, servomotors, or valves.
- Develop and implement the Preventive Maintenance system.
- Understands and properly utilizes instructions, drawings, schematics, blueprints, specifications and instruction manuals regarding use and maintaining proper function of manufacturing systems, equipment, and subcomponents.
- Design and fabricate small fixtures for equipment.
- Support process validation plans (IQ, OQ, PQ) designed by engineers.
- Routine machine and tool maintenance and repair duties as required.
- Adheres to all safety regulations.
- Demonstrates support of company core values.
- Performs other job duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Travel up to 10%
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in manufacturing systems/technology or related
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in applicable maintenance or automation experience.
- Strong Electrical Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge.
- Knowledge and demonstrated previous use of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and I/Os - (Allen Bradley a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Requirerments :
- Associateâ€™s Degree in manufacturing systems/technology.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Familiar with solid modeling CAD software such as Pro-E.
- Experience running a lathe and mill.
- Cognix vision systems.