Doherty Staffing has teamed with a global leader in the HVAC industry in their search for a Buyer/Planner in their Sauk Rapids facility. This is a Direct Hire position with initial screening by Doherty. Starting salary is $45,000-$55,000 based on experience and skillset. Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, life and disability insurance, etc.
Reviews material demand for actual and forecasted sales and purchases the highest quality raw materials, components and goods, at the most cost-effective price, while meeting delivery dates and controlling inventory. Analyzes material requirements and synchronizes delivery to match the production schedule.
· Plan and execute all activities involved in the procurement of finished goods, raw materials and/or services from qualified manufacturers and suppliers
· Proactively manage and monitor incoming material vs. demand. Report and resolve material availability issues such as shortages, late deliveries, damaged and/or non-conforming materials.
· Review all purchase needs based on demand planning activities. Place purchase orders to meet delivery expectations.
· Develop strong working relationships with vendors to ensure their performance meets Pinnacle's quality, cost, delivery and accuracy requirements.
· Suggest and implement purchasing and planning practices to reduce inventory and increase turns.
· Update purchase orders in NetSuite ERP system. Insure order acknowledgement and expected delivery date information is received from suppliers.
· Maintain relevant purchasing and demand planning item information in NetSuite ERP system such as supplier pricing, MOQ's, reorder points and lead times.
· Support the assembly process to help improve product quality, assembly methods and material flow.
· Assist in reconciling invoices and receiving transaction discrepancies.
· Work according to all set safety procedures.
· Perform other duties and completes special projects as assigned.
· Requires an Associate Degree and three to five years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience. Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Experience in Purchasing and/or Production Planning (or similar position) in a warehouse/manufacturing environment preferably with experience in imported goods.
· Math skills including the ability to calculate percentages and margins.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word. Advanced report writing experience, pivot table experience and data graphing a plus.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; detail-oriented.
· Must demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Ability to communicate cross functionally. Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure, time-constraints and shifting priorities.
· Working knowledge of ERP inventory systems (NetSuite experience a plus).