Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary)- Chanhassen, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. The A/P Specialist will be responsible for processing payments, performing reconciliations, and assisting with month-end.
*Contract position (approx. 2+ months)
- Review invoices for accuracy, appropriate documentation, and approval prior to payment.
- Investigate and resolve issues or discrepancies, to include contacting whoever is responsible for approving the invoice.
- Process checks for distribution to vendors.
- Prepare batch check runs and print checks.
- Enter vendor invoices for assigned locations.
- Correct coding of invoices for entry for financial purposes.
- Provide documentation for monthly/quarterly sales and use tax.
- Research and resolve internal and external inquiries concerning vendor account status, including communicating the resolution to the appropriate managers.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Post transactions to the general ledger after processing check runs.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Respond to all vendor inquires.
- Perform other duties and assist with other company department projects, as requested.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- A.A. Degree preferred
- High volume of invoices required
To apply for the Accounting position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the position, please call our Career Solutions office directly at 952-832-8390.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app
Apply for Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly