Corporate Sales Representative
Corporate Sales Representative
Location: Home Office, White Bear Lake, MN
Application deadline: September 28, 2017
Anticipated start date: October 2017
Job Purpose: Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever is seeking a qualified individual who can help drive advertising sales for the “Habitat Organization.” This individual will work closely with the Corporate Sales Manager and Director of Corporate Partnerships to develop and close new business for the organization. The primary responsibility of this position will be the sale of magazine advertising, digital advertising, and National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic booth sales and sponsorships (www.PheasantFest.org).
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record and experience in successful advertising sales, event sales, sponsorship sales, digital sales and able to aggressively acquire new business and develop new revenue streams. Candidates are expected to collaborate closely with our Corporate Sales Manager to develop and present custom solutions to acquire, manage and onboard new clients/partners.
Reports to: Corporate Sales Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with a wide array of corporations to sell print advertising in the Pheasants Forever Journal and Quail Forever Journal.
- Working with a wide array of businesses to sell 400+ trade show booths and sponsorships at National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic in a different city each year.
- Excited and skilled in making cold calls to generate new business. Ultimately identifying ideal prospects and securing appointments for presentations.
- Experienced in making sales, executing contracts, and delivering advertising assets.
- Create custom proposals/programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of a partnership campaign from start to finish.
- Meet and exceed annual budget goals.
- Assist the Corporate Sales Manager with all show vendors, staff, volunteers, and show related partners.
- Work with Corporate Sales Manager and Director of Corporate Partnerships on identifying prospects and existing advertisers to upsell and cross-sell accounts.
- Travel to a variety of trade shows and special events throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: There are no special physical requirements.
Working Conditions: Position is based at the Pheasants Forever, Inc. National Headquarters in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. This position involves 30-50 days of travel per year and includes some nights and weekends.
Reporting Relationships: This person is not responsible for the direct supervision of any employees.
Job Specifications: Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- At least three years’ experience in successful event, advertising, sponsorship sales and digital sales.
- Ability to sell a comprehensive marketing solution including multiplatform sales.
- B.S./B.A. in business, marketing, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, hard-working with proven track record working within a high functioning team.
- Knowledge of outdoor, hunting, and conservation industries.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have a good driving record.
$45,000 - $55,000 (depending upon experience); plus health benefits and retirement package.
To Apply: Visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled