Senior Customer Service Specialist
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager or designate, the Senior Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers through excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products, programs and processes, and superior execution of internal processes. This position’s primary focus is on managing large customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and maintains Schedule Agreements for assigned customer accounts.
- Provides input to Engineering regarding customer requirements, and is a liaison to Engineering and Sales regarding new product introductions and changes.
- Handles complex and/or escalated customer concerns or inquiries.
- Reconciles consignments on a regular basis, and manages any discrepancies.
- Processes customer orders/changes/returns according to established department policies and procedures
- Receives, enters and verifies orders from customers utilizing PTI’s CRM/mainframe systems and customer purchase orders.
- Reviews all Purchase Order data for accuracy (pricing, billing, and shipping data)
- Receives, reviews and processes shipping discrepancies submitted by PTI customers (inclusive of PTI shipping, carriers and customers)
- Provides order acknowledgement to customers as required
- Identifies and prepares customer orders for shipping
- Collaborates with internal resources as needed to expedite and accommodate parts for customer orders. Assists in expediting customer shipments in critical situations.
- Responds to inbound customer calls and emails within the required performance targets of the department.
- Professionally and accurately responds to customer inquiries regarding product availability, product pricing and product use.
- Assists customers with basic specification inquiries associated with PTI products
- Provides back-up support to other customer service team members in the performance of job duties as assigned.
- Performs other similar or related duties as they become necessary or as delegated by department manager.
- May provide training and work direction to Customer Service Representatives.
- Technical and/or Mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of new product development processes
- Ability to understand how products work
- Effective Organizational skills
- Problem analysis & solutions
- Cause and Effect/Root Cause Analysis
Customer Service Requirements
- Conflict resolution
- Professional Phone skills
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor degree preferred
- 5 years sales or customer service/administration experience, including two years in a manufacturing environment. OEM supplier environment preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer EDI interface to ERP/CRM
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills along with the ability to ask probing questions, comprehending customer concerns and overcoming objections.
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues and negotiate win-win outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast paced working environment.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45-50 words per minute.
- Strong computer skills, including data entry and Microsoft Office Suite products
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.