CodeWeavers (www.codeweavers.com) is a small St. Paul based software company that enables customers to run Windows programs on macOS, Linux and Android using the open source Wine technology. We are looking for talented programmers that are willing to learn how to improve Wine.
- Proficiency with C language
- Demonstrated ability to write good code. This can be work experience, or an open source project you’ve contributed to, or a personal project you’ve showcased on github or gitlab.
- Excellent debugging skills. Wine work often boils down to finding bugs; you’ve got to be comfortable spending hours digging through log files looking for the explanation for that errant behavior.
- The ability to work on your own and to learn quickly. We will provide some training and support, but you are going to thrive best if you can dive in, and then ask intelligent questions.
- Linux and macOS programming
- Experience with git and autotools
- Experience in contributing to Open Source projects
- Windows (win32 API) programming experience
- Android programming experience
- Understanding of why Star Wars is superior to Star Trek
- Competitive pay with great benefits
- Challenging work that is meaningful and used by millions of people every day
- Relaxed work environment with people that understand developers; no dress code, no set hours, no unreasonable demands
- The smartest and most fun coworkers you’ll ever have
- A game machine with zillions of ROMs
- A shower for those days you ride your bike and don’t want everyone in the office to know
- Unlimited snark and sarcasm
- Unlimited coffee! Seriously...
We would like to see a resume and a cover letter that showcases your skills in writing good code. Next steps will involve some assessment of your technical chops and in person meetings. You may also be asked to perform Feats of Strength. So be ready!