Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with a leading supplier in the food industry located in Park Rapids, MN. We are seeking Forklift Operators for these great employment opportunities! There are a variety of shifts available and compensation is dependent upon the shift worked.
Our client started in 1950 on a small farm in the northwest region of the U.S., and has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. While their growth has been remarkable, they have never forgotten where they came from.
Forklift Operator Main Duties/Responsibilities:
· Safe and proper operation of a forklift by successfully passing all written and operational testing for forklift certification and observing all forklift safety rules
· Read and decipher pack plan and row assignments
· Tally and report the number of pallets being stored in and out of the freezer to the cold storage supervisor on a daily basis
· Perform physical inventories whenever indicated by warehouse management
· Perform sanitation duties inside the freezer and on the dock as assigned
· Load pallet dispenser, pull pallets off turn table onto rollers, operate the baler & trash compactor, perform other duties as assigned
· Complete the forklift safety checklist
Forklift Operator Key Requirements/Qualifications:
· Less than high school education or up to one month of related experience or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
· Read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and procedure manuals
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers
· Complete forklift training as mandated by OSHA standards & guidelines. Must pass both written and operational testing and pass driving test in the freezer.
· Lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds; push and/or pull up to 100 pounds
· Sitting on forklift continuously, standing and walking occasionally, twisting frequently, climb stairs occasionally, stoop and crouch
· Work within extreme temperature changes
To apply for the Forklift Operator position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Forklift Operator position, please call our Park Rapids office directly at 218-732-2156 or email DSS_ParkRapids@doherty.jobs.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app