Sr Financial Analyst, Capital Finance Store Remodels
Responsible for the financial analysis of capital project requests related to store remodels and merchandising innovation investments.Works in close partnership with analysts in the department and throughout Finance, Properties, the Sr. Director of Capital Finance, and Property Accounting.Acts as a liaison for client groups in the management, valuation and prioritization of projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes post-remodel sales, margin, and operating results, driving insights and analysis to help inform partners and leadership about progress while developing recommendations for performance improvement.
- Provides analysis and insights on remodel construction disruption, working with a cross-functional team of partners to develop new ways to mitigate the impact of disruption.
- Performs analyses required to determine the financial impact of capital investment decisions. This includes performing NPV, IRR and sensitivity analyses.
- Drives cost/benefit analysis related to proposed remodel spending and scope.
- Ensures models and processes are consistent, reliable, and support required corporate governance for capital spending.
- Develops productive relationships with partner groups including Properties, Store Planning, MPD, Store Ops, and Property Accounting in order to obtain the financial information needed to perform analyses effectively.
- Develops and provides training to partners to enable more empowered decision making and to reinforce early partner-involvement when faced with complex decisions.
- Partners with clients to ensure sound financial decisions are being made and to help drive new business strategies.
- Drives continuous improvement to processes and analyses as complexity of investment projects continues to change.
·Finance/Business Administration/Accounting Bachelors degree
·4-6 years of previous experience
·Strong analytical skills
·Financial modeling experience
·Excellent interpersonal skills; able to build relationships & contribute in a team setting
·Ability to work in a fast paced environment
·Attention to detail
·Experience with Microsoft Excel
·Self-motivated and able to work independently
·Strong communication and organization skills
·Excellent problem solving skills
·Able to present complex financial analysis in an understandable format
·Proven project management and leadership skills