Financial Reporting Analyst II
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
- Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to helping feed the world through precision agriculture equipment.
- Raven Aerostar is dedicated to protecting and connecting the world through aerospace platforms, surveillance technology, and specialty sewn products.
- Raven Engineered Films is dedicated to providing high-quality polymer films and sheeting that protect Earth’s resources and preserve asset value.
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
Build your career at a technology-driven company dedicated to Solving Great Challenges. At Raven, we engineer ground-breaking technologies in the areas of communications, safety, feeding the world, energy independence, and resource preservation. Grounded in a common sense approach to an ever-changing world, Raven is powered by the people who boldly mix drive, courage, integrity, and innovation into the focused ability to solve great challenges. Our strength as a company has always been our desire and drive to Solve Great Challenges, and our culture is built on collaboration, creative thinking, and problem solving.
The financial analyst have an active role in the quarterly external reporting, monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports to divisions and cost/profit centers
- Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuations
- Prepare monthly consolidation and executive financial package
- Coordinate financials questions/answers among divisions and the Treasury and Accounting & Control departments
- Prepare annual financial information binder to be provided to the external auditors
- Prepare quarterly operating reports
- Assist in the preparation of public filings (10Q, 10K, 8ks)
- Assist in the preparation of all disclosures within public filings including completion of the disclosure checklist
- Analyze accounting standard updates for impact on disclosures
- Create and update key reports and spreadsheets
- Assist in the budget & reforecast process
- Maintain budget and reforecast information in the accounting system
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Develop, maintain and distribute as-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. Experience in manufacturing a plus
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Based in Sioux Falls, SD
• Travel up to 10% per year as necessary.
For additional information on Raven Industries or to apply on-line go to http://ravenind.com/careers.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability