For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to solve great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and aerospace markets. Our purpose is to Solve Great Challenges. Our purpose is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provides profitable growth opportunities, and aligns with our corporate values. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol RAVN. The Company has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
- Applied Technology (ATD)
- Market leader in the precision agriculture equipment market, driving innovation in the marketplace
- Focused on both domestic and international markets
- Engineered Films (EFD)
- Market leader in multi-layered specialty industrial films
- Focused on the following markets: Agriculture, Construction, Energy, Industrial, and Geomembrane
- Aerostar (AERO)
- Market leader in stratospheric balloon technology
- Trusted partner of Google on Project Loon
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four dimensions are the foundation on which we do business and set ourselves apart in the marketplace.
The Accountant III position to provide professional level accounting within area of support. Apply principles of accounting to record financial information and prepare reports.
• Perform accountant functions within area of support - such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, general accounting, or financial reporting.
• Oversee DCAA and system compliance for government contracts
• Verify, compile, and classify financial information.
• Prepare entries into accounts and document business transactions.
• Perform account reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance requirements are monitored and met.
• Assist with maintaining internal controls documentation and testing.
• Drive processes within area of support – such as cash management and treasury, fixed asset accounting, payroll accounting, or financial reporting.
• Prepare audit support and interact with independent auditors.
• Assist in maintaining financial policies and procedures.
• Prepare financial statements.
• Coordinate periodic financial and controls review by independent auditors.
• Perform technical research as needed.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• May provide leadership on projects or teams.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
• Modify, document, or coordinate implementation or testing of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Review account reconciliations and work papers.
• Provide research and analysis for new business opportunities.
• Superior level of innovation, contribution, and impact to the team and projects.
• Provide leadership on projects or teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
• 8+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Ability to work with confidential information and documentation with discretion.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office and applicable accounting software. Experience with web-based applications is beneficial.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• High level of patience and service.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Limited travel may be required.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP.
• Considerable knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to external reporting and financial controls.
• Exercises independent judgment with broadly defined practices and policies in obtaining results.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Apply for Accountant III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly