For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to solve great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and aerospace markets. Our purpose is to Solve Great Challenges. Our purpose is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provides profitable growth opportunities, and aligns with our corporate values. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol RAVN. The Company has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served
- Applied Technology (ATD)
- Market leader in the precision agriculture equipment market, driving innovation in the marketplace
- Focused on both domestic and international markets
- Engineered Films (EFD)
- Market leader in multi-layered specialty industrial films
- Focused on the following markets: Agriculture, Construction, Energy, Industrial, and Geomembrane
- Aerostar (AERO)
- Market leader in stratospheric balloon technology
- Trusted partner of Google on Project Loon
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four dimensions are the foundation on which we do business and set ourselves apart in the marketplace.
The Accountant I reports directly to the Assistant Controller. The primary objective of this accounting position is to provide professional level accounting within area of support. Apply principles of accounting to record financial information and prepare reports.
80% General Accounting
• Perform accountant functions within area of support - such as fixed assets, general accounting, or financial reporting.
• Verify, compile, and classify financial information.
• Prepare entries into accounts and document business transactions.
• Perform account reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance requirements are monitored and met.
• Assist with maintaining internal controls documentation and testing.
• Drive processes within area of support – such as cash management and treasury, fixed asset accounting, payroll accounting, or financial reporting.
• Prepare audit support and interact with independent auditors.
• May support subsidiary (domestic or international) accounting.
20% Technical Accounting
• Assist in maintaining financial policies and procedures.
• Assist in research accounting topics such as how to account for complex transactions
• Assist in researching & applying new accounting guidance as it is issued and adopted by the company
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
• CPA or eligible to sit for CPA exam and interested in pursuing certificate is preferred.
• Experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Ability to work with confidential information and documentation with discretion.
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office and applicable accounting software. Experience with web-based applications is beneficial.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• High level of patience and service.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Limited travel may be required.
- Model collaboration and commitment
- Focuses on team success before individual success
- Strong collaborator capable of managing indirect relationships effectively
- Accountability for Results
- Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans to deliver results
- Exhibits a strong drive and focus on achieving budget commitments
- Tactfully assertive, comes to the discussion with a point of view
- Foster change and innovation
- Seeks solutions that improve process effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
- Actively works to develop processes where processes are lacking
- Create value for customers
- Anticipates and responds to changes in financial trends
- Intellectual curiosity drives pro-active preparation and action planning
- Demonstrate business acumen and business agility
- Demonstrates functional proficiency in finance and accounting
- Exhibits the ability to work professionally and effectively in ambiguous situations
Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability