Days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration
Plans, organizes, performs, and supervises the service, installation, and preventative maintenance of commercial and residential HVAC & R. Ensures that HVAC & R systems are in working order for the comfort and safety of guests and team members and that assigned projects are completed on time, meet quality standards, and are within budgetary constraints.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises installation, service, and preventive maintenance on HVAC & R and other related equipment. Develops and maintains preventive maintenance program and schedule on equipment.
- Documents, organizes, and communicates information regarding HVAC & R-related projects to all affected departments.
- Assists HVAC & R Technicians with service and installation, especially with more complex projects.
- Communicates all necessary information pertaining to HVAC & R to Manager, Shift Managers, and other Engineering Supervisors. Includes equipment breakdowns, installations, and safety concerns.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting team members. Completes team member training and development and performance appraisals on direct reports. Recommends and participates in disciplinary issues.
- Creates weekly schedules and assigns tasks to accommodate workflow.
- Responds to and assists in all building, equipment, or systems emergency situations involving the Engineering and Maintenance department. Responsible for the direction and control of the department's emergency response.
- Determines parts needs and initiates requests.
- Occasional tasks.
- A combination of education and experience to equal five years in HVAC & R or related discipline.
- One-year of lead, foreman, or supervisory experience in HVAC & R or related field. This is not limited to lead, foreman, or supervisory titles but may include having experience in directing work activities for projects or tasks.
- Possession of Universal refrigeration license.
- Beginning experience with electronic mail software.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record.
- On feet or standing 75% of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Outside work 25% of time - exposure to summer heat and winter conditions.
- Exposure to fumes and odors.