Director Product Design - Registry
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Director of User Experience - RegistryAs part of the Digital Platform & Strategy team at Target, the User Experience (UX) team represents the voice of the Guest in creating, evaluating and optimizing digital guest experiences across digital products and channels, including Target.com, Target apps and in-store digital.The Director of User Experience - Registry is a seasoned user experience professional who takes the lead to provide a visionary outlook to product teams from the lens of guest research and world-class product design & development. In this role, the Director leads the user experience of a large portfolio of product design and cross-product initiatives, ensuring they meet business and experience objectives. In support of Target's Registry product teams (web, apps, in-store), the Director leads a team of Product Designers to continually experiment, through product discovery, with both next-generation ideas and optimizations in support of Target's business strategies. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Set vision and direction for the end-to-end experience of a guest interacting with Target Registries across all channels, while advocating for innovative and brand-centric experiences.
- Think big: Identify opportunities for innovation and next-generation guest experiences within Target's omnichannel shopping ecosystem.
- Keep a pulse on data, both qualitative and quantitative as well as using industry benchmarking and emerging trends to track Target's performance and potential.
- Establish and execute UX governance model, including creation and maintenance of standards, such as reusable design patterns and style guides.
- Lead all UX operational practices, including UX processes, rapid prototyping/prototyping methodologies, UX research, tools and documentation.
- Influence the business & technology strategy and experience creation by representing the voice of the guest and Team Member, and by providing insight regarding best practices and current industry standards in digital strategy and experience planning.
- Surface risks and interdependencies, projects and systems and work with partners to identify and implement plausible solutions/contingency plans.
- Constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences.
- Recruit, hire and mentor world-class UX talent that exceed expectations of product and business partners and leadership.
- Prioritize UX resources and the work they're involved in, placing team members into product teams and on initiatives that complement their skills, career ambitions and growth opportunities.
- Continually coach UX team members on tactical design skills, soft skills and growth within their careers.
- 10+ years experience in digital software product work, with user experience emphases in research, UX architecture, interaction design and/or visual design.
- 2+ years sustained experience leading and developing a digitally-oriented multi-disciplinary team.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences, UX research, prototyping and testing.
- Demonstrated experience working within a large-scale Agile company that successfully integrates user experience into the product development process.
- Strong digital experience capability, including working knowledge of relevant UX software & tools, collaboration tools, UX principles, UX research methodologies and digital product design & development best practices.
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity and limited direction.
- Has a mastery of complex experience, marketing and business principles and exhibits strong critical thinking skills including problem solving, decision making and analysis.
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from varying levels cross-company.
- Strong leadership skills including interpersonal, communications, negotiations and staff development.