Director Creative-Seasonal Campaigns
PRIMARY FUNCTIONOversees the development/execution of seasonal campaign creative assignments. Manages creative project teams, agencies and partners to bring business strategies to life. Establishes creative concept/campaign, drives innovative experiences that elevate the brand and ensures campaign and brand consistency across media types for both internal and external work. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads complex creative projects across multiple departments
- Driven to solve business problems through creative
- Articulates the creative vision, and guides several multi-disciplinary creative teams toward innovative expression of a networked narrative, in partnership with Creative Leadership
- Works with Creative Director to determine if creative work is performed internally or is handled externally, based on available resources, business objectives and capabilities
- Shares Target's brand voice and culture to infuse the work with an unmistakable Target approach, seamlessly integrating a multicultural guest lens
- Accountable, and oversees development and execution of creative work (standards, innovation, consistency) aligned to overall Marketing strategic goals
- Advances creative solutions and challenges conventional thinking in tandem with Media planning team to play in many innovative spaces
- Partners effectively with Category Marketing, Product Design and Development (PD&D) and Merchandising leadership to ensure creative is meeting the needs of Marketing, Merchandising and pre-determined business strategies
- Presents creative work to partners and key leaders (Marketing and Merchant VP/SVP teams)
- Approves creative campaign/category concepts, art direction, photography, ISM prototypes, etc, for major marketing campaigns
- Ensures all work is on brand, meets Target's creative quality standards and is coordinated and consistent across internal/external teams, and can be feasibly executed within time constraints and budget
- Develops relationships, influences and gains commitment in order to resolve problems and achieve desired outcomes
- Provides clear and timely communication/feedback to creative teams
- Inspires others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance
- Fosters a culture of collaboration and teamwork across the organization
- Provides mentoring and coaching to others
- Design/Art Direction/Advertising background
- Broadcast/video experience strongly desired
- Conceptual & Critical thinking
- Synthesize information & Manage complexity
- Creative problem-solving
- Action-oriented & Decision-maker
- Strong prioritization skills
- Flexible, can handle ambiguity.
- Develop & Manage relationships
- Influence & gain commitment
- Adapts precedent and develops solutions.
- Balance big picture with the day-to-day work
- Possesses high creative taste level
- Identifies and develops top creative talent; leads working teams to deliver on creative concepts
- Supports marketing, business, and merchant partners in all aspects of work
- Works closely with team and partners to ensure excellence in creative execution.
- Reports to Director, Creative.
- Partners closely with Directors of Category Marketing, ISM, Visual Merchandising, Merchants, PD&D, MPD and Store Planning, and execution teams.
- Oversees and provides leadership to assigned internal creative teams and external agencies
- Creative agencies and internal strategy, business and creative teams.
- SVP, VPs, Sr. Directors and Directors across Marketing
- SVP, VPs, Sr. Directors and Directors across Merchandising
- SVP, VP's Sr. Directors and Directors across PD&D
- Third Parties providing creative services.