Group Safety Leader
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
About this opportunity
Serve as a multi-site safety manager supporting regional leadership.Responsible for driving safe processes and ensuring compliance to all safety regulations.Responsible for providing safety expertise leveraging lean principles and hierarchy of controls to ensure the safety of our team members.Develop and deliver safe processes through engineering and ergonomic solutions in partnership with building and HQ leadership.
Identify trends and areas of risk within buildings and support operations in corrective measures.Continuously improve the safety culture through instruction and training of Safety and operations leaders on safety programs.
Assess performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into supply chain processes. Escalates and reports critical issues, compliance gaps and emerging risks for the network.
Maintains safety subject matter expertise, credentials and engages industry resources as appropriate. Provides compliance support to supply chain teams and in the event of a serious injury within the region will deploy to location to lead incident investigation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review metrics and incident details weekly, and support operations in determining root cause and corrective measures.
- Ensure safety programs and rollouts are implemented.Monitor for execution.
- Utilizes 6SIGMA tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions for unique processes.
- Perform site visits to interact with team, audit for compliance and execution of safety programs.
- Assists with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
Compliance and regulatory matters
·Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
·Ensures safety processes are followed to maintain compliance with regulations.
·Supports the development and follow up of any remediation plans due to safety related citations
·Acts as a subject matter expert resource to field teams on safety related regulatory compliance issues.
·Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Deploy to location in the event of significant safety events.
- Serve as on-site incident leader in the event of a severe injury
Bachelor's Degree B.A./B.S.
- Industry expertise and certification in Safety (CSP), Ergonomics or related field
- 6-8 years business experience
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as required
- 6SIGMA experience
- Automation or manufacturing experience
- Supply Chain Operations or Store Operations related experience