Associate Buyer | Men's Apparel
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
ASSOCIATE BUYER - Men's Apparel Primary FunctionThe Associate Buyer takes on strategy and assortment planning responsibilities for a sub-category, as well as supports Buyers in developing and executing category strategy and functional plans through analysis of internal and external insights, vendor management, and promotion/markdown execution. Category focuses will be in Goodfellow Tops and Men's Licensed Apparel. Key ResponsibilitiesSub-Category Ownership
- Take on category strategy and assortment planning responsibility for a product sub-category.
- Build assortment, optimized to channel and local market needs as needed.
- Support Category Merchant in strategy development by analyzing historical, market and industry data. Utilize information to perform weekly and monthly analysis of category selling, market trends, and competitive set to make recommendations.
- Conduct internal and external analysis to make pre-assortment planning recommendations for Merchants (e.g. recommendations on architecture, promotional insights, program life-cycle).
- Document and maintain enterprise assortment line plan. Ensure pricing, adjacency, POG and all product details are accurate.
- Assist Buyer with guiding product development in partnership with Product Design and Sourcing for assigned product category.
- Assist with on-going communications with vendors, including working through specifics of assortment decisions and vendor agreements.
- Support item setup through answering questions and shepherding the process. Connect the right parties (e.g. Vendors and Item COE) to enable complete and accurate item set up.
- Execute promotional plans and strategies across channels for assigned product category. Make specific item selection decisions, manage promotional calendar, pricing, and complete promotional setup in systems.
- Partner with Category Merchant, Pricing COE, and Merchandise Planning to manage the markdown process. Input and maintain system entry for flawless execution.
- A four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong financial, strategic and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organization skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- 1+ years merchandising experience in a trend business
- Must have an eye for style, trend curve framework
- Passion for product and trend
- Experience in Licensed business preferred