Project Manager/ Systems Engineer
Inginaire is looking for a Project Manager/ Systems Engineer for our client in Cannon Falls, MN. Our client designs and manufactures material handling carts and related equipment used by diverse industries and institutions for storage, stocking, security, work-in-process, and distribution applications. In this role you will facilitate and coordinate all Material Handling Technologies projects as assigned.
- Participate in discussions with sales team and customers.
- Establish criteria for the material handling system design which includes system throughput speeds, equipment and conveyor speeds, system operation, etc.
- Create system layout to meet established project criteria.
- Communicate project specifications to internal engineering department.
- Calculate cost estimates for equipment and materials to satisfy requirements of system layout.
- Develop a manifest of the items shown on the system layout.
- Create overall schedule and time table for project activities.
- Provide utility requirements to customer or general contractor for inclusion in site preparation.
- Review installation schedule with installation team.
- Follow up with project team members, customer or general contractor for problem resolution.
- Manage daily activities, organize and maintain all files, reports and other paperwork for the Project.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery schedules with shipping personnel.
- Attend vendor coordination meetings as scheduled by customer or general contractor.
- Provide project status to department manager and sales as required, track and monitor costs.
- Requires work related travel up to 25% of time to support projects.
- B.S. in Manufacturing / Applications Engineering (or equivalent combination of experience and education)
- 3 to 5 yearsâ€™ experience designing system solutions and utilizing project management methodologies and tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Skilled in strategic thinking, business and technical planning.
- Strong 2D AutoCad skills with 3D Inventor a plus, Microsoft Office software, with Microsoft Project a plus.
- Product packaging line project management experience and / or experience in a food-processing environment is a plus but not essential.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Develop creative, feasible solutions to customer issues using analytical and problems solving skills.
- Work independently, respond to changing priorities, and meet multiple commitments, schedules and deadlines.
- Current driving license and either currently have or have the ability to obtain a passport.