Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Plays a key role in delivering the financial information to the business in order to make sound financial decisions. Manages the general ledger financial accounting team and assists the Corporate Controller with carrying out the strategic initiatives of the finance group.
- Responsible for the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the periodic financial statements and financial information.
- Responsible for the professional development of the general ledger financial accounting team.
- Assists the Corporate Controller in identifying the strategic roadmap for the finance group and is responsible for carrying out these strategic initiatives for the general ledger financial accounting team.
- Assists the Corporate Controller with ESOP accounting and other financial projects.
- Assists the Corporate Controller in mergers and acquisitions (due diligence, setup) and takes the lead on the acquisition accounting and post-closing reconciliations.
- Coordinates the Company’s annual independent audit and bank compliance audits.
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers, vendors, and others related to the company.
- Reviews and approves journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares and analyzes the company’s periodic financial statements – balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement.
- Reviews and analyzes all financial reports that originate from the financial accounting team.
- Responsible for understanding the accounting systems, processes and internal controls.
- Identifies and implements processes and internal controls to help strengthen the control environment.
- Develops and reports on metrics for the general ledger financial accounting team.
- Assists other finance areas with ad hoc projects as needed
- Completes ad hoc reporting
- Acts as a back-up for the team and other finance managers
- Trains staff member on processes and procedures
- Others duties as assigned by supervisor or designate
- Minimum of a four-year accounting, finance or business administration degree with seven or more years of progressive accounting or related work experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar designation is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English is preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Must be a strong team builder and have the ability to work across several functions within the organization.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with 95 locations in 18 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company, which drives the focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others, making us a supply chain solutions powerhouse.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?