Account Manager - Industrial
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
The Account Manager – Industrial is responsible for coordinating opportunities with customers to increase sales and market share within the industrial market. This will be done through contacting new customers to introduce them to Border States with a goal of generating interest and a first-time meeting. It will also be done through working with existing customers to increase product lines and gross margin. This position will work with a combination of customer, vendors, account managers, and sales support teams.
- Partners closely with a Border States key vendor to strategize on new accounts, and target opportunities to increase market share.
- Works closely with Border States’ sales and marketing team to meet and exceed sales and gross profit objectives.
- Actively participates in the marketing, planning, and sale of Border States’ technical products and services.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Manages accounts within a specified territory that can grow, both geographically and in quantity of customers, over time through a partnership with account managers and vendors.
- Identifies prospective customers and key strategic partnerships by initiating contact/sales campaigns, gathering information regarding the need(s) of the customer and analyzing market trends.
- Develops and clearly defines business opportunities, creates and executes sales and marketing strategies
- Negotiates contracts, proposals and quotes; secures contracts with new customers and closes business deals.
- Provides consultations and business expertise to customers and potential customers to create innovative solutions.
- Tracks and analyzes the effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) of the partnerships within the specified vertical/industry.
- Assists in the development of product definitions for industry-specific technology requirements.
- Represents Border States at organizations, trade shows and/or conferences to remain current in the industry and provide technical expertise and increases brand awareness.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with industry-specific trade organizations to develop and maintain knowledge on market trends.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?