Public Safety Supervisor - Dept. of Public Safety
St. Catherine University is accepting applications for a fulltime Public Safety Supervisor in its Public Safety Department. Under the direction of the Public Safety Assistant Director of the Department of Public Safety, this position is responsible for supervision of the department's work force, and coordination of the day-to-day operations of his/her assigned shift. The position works to ensure the safety, security and protection of students, employees, and visitors of St. Catherine University and the facilities and property within its campus.
The Public Safety Supervisor shall insure that all policies and procedures are followed, proper notifications are made, and proper documentation is prepared. The Public Safety Supervisor may also be responsible to schedule staff, ensure safety details are assigned and completed as assigned, maintain uniforms and equipment, found and confiscated property, security office hygiene, reference material, office files and fulfill other duties as assigned.
The Public Safety Supervisor also has “On-Call” duty, which is on a rotated schedule with the Public Safety Manager, Public Safety Coordinator and the Director of Public Safety.
• Supervision: Performs routine patrol functions and assist on-duty officers, assigns duties and responsibilities, schedules staff, ensures proper training, performs payroll duties as necessary, Ensures campus electronic access is functioning properly and diagnoses any problems, evaluates performance, provides staff commendations, and performs coaching, counseling and corrective measures as needed. Inventory and issue equipment to officers.
• Report writing, report review and approval, daily orders, daily crime log and policy and procedure manual. Ensure reports are well-written, timely, and relevant, communicate daily orders, supervise the completion of the daily crime log, ensure policies and procedures are up to date, relevant, and followed.
• Ensure that reports are investigated in a timely manner and that all leads are followed. Ensure that cameras are working and footage is saved and added to reports.
• Develop and/or implement crime prevention programs and education. (i.e., Self-defense, alcohol awareness, etc.)
• Planning, coordination, and staffing of special events or requests. (i.e., Orientation, Commencement, Move-In Day, bus detail.)
• Other duties as assigned. Fills in as officer when there is a vacancy in the schedule. Performs and participates in campus duties, programs and services as assigned.
• Associate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required. A four (4) year Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of public safety experience required; two (2) years demonstrated leadership and increasing levels of responsibility is preferred.
• Valid driver's license, certified first aid, CPR, AED, ability to pass criminal background check, basic computer skills, written and spoken communication skills, ability to respond to varied dynamic, stressful incidents and make critical decisions in a timely manner with limited supervision.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to electronically apply for this position. Website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org