Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), Management & Services division is seeking a Full-Time Leave Administrator to join its Corporate Human Resources Team.
This key position manages 250-300 leaves at any given time on behalf of the organization's 6,000+ employees. The Leave Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all medical leave programs. This is an ideal opportunity for an HR professional with experience in leaves administration, or with general HR generalist experience looking to learn and grow. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with human resource and leaves functions, and have experience with HRIS and / or Leaves software programs.
Please consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Leave Administrator is responsible for managing the Family Medical Leave (FMLA), state specific, and other Medical Leave Processes for eligible employees. The Leave Administrator reports to the Corporate Director of Human Resources and works collaboratively with PHS Management staff, Site HR Reps, Regional HR Managers, Employee Health Nurses, Corporate HR team, employees, and other external customers.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Responsible for total leave management from intake to closure.
- Review FMLA and Medical Leave of Absence requests and communicate with requesters to ensure completeness; Handle all FMLA and Medical leaves of absence by documenting requests and completing/submitting all decisions, and benefit information to employees.
- Review guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions. Obtain and review updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt.
- Answer employee questions about medical, family leave, maternity leave process, through email, written correspondence, phone or other HRIS technology.
- Act as liaison between Site Human Resources, Managers, Employee Health, Corporate HR and employees on FMLA and Medical Leave issues.
- Process and monitor FMLA and Medical Leave of Absence approvals, denials and return to work communications with employees, Employee Health and Human Resources.
- Process employee's return to work paperwork and notify all associated parties of upcoming changes; coordinate return to work with Site HR, Employee Health and supervisors.
- Communicate and coordinate work with others within PHS and externally such as health provider to ensure the best service delivery to each employee.
- Analyze medical documentation, certifications and leave forms received and implement follow up actions per PHS procedures. Analyze individual employee situations and determine applicable outcomes.
- Maintain ongoing communication with employees in need of leave regarding benefit and leave options including employment options referred back to Site HR, leave status, accommodation or assistance options, and or return to work
- Coordinate with Site HR and Employee Health employee's fitness for work at the end of or during an FMLA or Medical Leave.
- Facilitate reasonable accommodation requests related to leaves by coordinating requests with Regional HR Managers and Employee Health.
- Compose and send communications to PHS site HR, EHNs and employees within federally mandated time frames.
- Manage Premium Payment Process for Employees on Leave including correspondence, payment plans/invoicing and act as liaison to the Corporate Benefits team.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all leaves. Update and provide regular report to internal customers (e.g. Site HR, Benefits etc.). Complete other report requests as needed.
- Ensure that all data is entered into the Leave Management System on time to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of FMLA and Medical Leaves.
- 3 years of Human Resources experience required.
- Previous experience in Leave Management preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred. Relevant experience and/or certification in specialized HR function may be substituted for degree, when appropriate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with customers clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing a high volume of requests while maintaining great attention to detail.
- Effective analytical, prioritizing, and project management skills. Ability to effectively manage deadlines.
Experience with the Family Medical Leave Act (Federal and State) and Federal and State employment law, specifically Workers Compensation and Americans with Disabilities Act, is highly preferred.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel) required. Previous HRIS and or Leave Software experience preferred.
- High degree of professionalism in working with customers, peers, and managers.
- Sound judgment/decision making skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.