IT Technical Support Specialist I
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Assists in the operation of computer networks by installing hardware such as PCs, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, and cabling systems.
- Prepares new computers for installation including loading operating systems, application software, and installing necessary hardware, which includes adding video cards, memory, and accessories.
- Diagnoses and repairs personal computers, mobile devices, and other various hardware.
- Sends units out for repair and assures the repair is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Uses and assists in the administration of PC lifecycle configuration management software for inventory, software distribution and installation, patch deployment, imaging, and remote support of PCs, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Provides phone support as part of the IT Helpdesk and work with PC users on hardware and software problems.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers, vendors, and others related to the company
- Promotes and maintains the identity and reputation of BSE, ensuring customer satisfaction and addressing problems and complaints as they arise.
- Initiates timely communication with the supervisor regarding personal computers and related measures as defined by the supervisor.
- Assists in the implementation of new operating systems such as Windows 10
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of expenses and other information as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in Computer Technology is preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Four-year Computer Science degree helpful.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop PC’s is essential. Experience working with computers in a WAN environment is helpful.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English required.
- Prefer working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?