Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently interviewing for a Tooling Technician to work with a leading manufacturer of transit buses in St. Cloud, MN. This is a full-time permanent position with initial screening by Doherty Career Solutions. Starting pay is $22-$26 per hour depending on skill set and experience. This is a 2rd shift position with a schedule of 2:00pm to 10:30pm.
This position will build and maintain tools, jigs and fixtures used by production. This position also involves problem solving and resolution by working with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance and production.
TOOLING TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES
· Implement and maintain fixtures, jigs, tools and equipment to improve production efficiency, reduce exposure to injury and/or increase quality.
· Review drawing packages to interpret critical dimensions and tooling points to develop simple fixtures.
· Read and interpret drawings and/or related data for welding purposes.
· Recommend and implement improvements to fixtures and communicate these improvements to affected departments.
· Inspects products and processes to ensure tooling, fixtures, and jigs produce desired results and to the design intent using precision equipment such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
· Maintains accurate cost records and reports time spent on a project by project basis.
· Updates central log for jigs and fixtures and follows Company OPI procedures in accordance with ISO practices.
· Communicates with team members when facilitating improvements to processes, products, and tooling.
· Supports OpEx (Operational Excellence) initiatives including 5S.
· All other duties as assigned.
TOOLING TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS
· Technical training in tool and die design or repair is preferred
· Strong mechanical and technical background is helpful
· Read and understand blueprints, technical drawings and/or AutoCAD drawings
· Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Possess good written communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience with machining centers, mills, lathes, surface grinders, hand tools, power tools, and various measurement tools.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and/or supervision
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for more information.