Assembles machines, equipment, printers, print heads, printer systems and their subassemblies according to customer’s needs, following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications. Plans assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience. Use of hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts. Drills, taps or reams holes, using portable drill. Aligns components, and bolts or screws using hand tools or portable powered tools. Installs moving parts, for example shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement. May also align and mesh gears and belts for free-flowing systems. May also test or assist in testing operation of completed product. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Assemble machines including printers, printheads, printer subassemblies, sealers, tunnels and subassemblies for taping machines.
- Look up, read and interpret process documentation, drawings, prints, diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Pull parts from inventory to assemble machine.
- Complete paperwork such as; forms and checklists associated with assembly of device.
- Basic testing, troubleshooting and inspection of assembled products for defects.
- Document and update assembly processes as necessary
- Add assembled parts back into inventory
- Package assembled equipment or parts for shipment
- Enter data to create labels and maintain production records.
- Use the business software system to perform routine transactions such as; receive and allocate jobs, kit and complete work orders, check stock levels and BOM contents, etc.
Engineering Department Interface:
- Maintain communication with engineers on issues regarding current systems.
- Maintain inventory accuracy. Participate in cycle counting program. Notify Supervisor of count discrepancies and shortages.
- Train other co-workers as needed.
- Work Safely. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use of skills requiring motor condition with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, small part assembly, etc.) during most of normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Excellent hand to eye coordination.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently following general instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Familiar with Windows software including Outlook for email.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. This position is located in Brooklyn Park, MN just off Boone and 694.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401(k) plus profit sharing.
Please submit resume to email@example.com