Senior Firmware/Hardware Engineer
Responsible for leading the FPGA firmware and hardware design activities including conceptualization, development, design for manufacturability, validation and transition to manufacturing.
- Lead research, design and development of FPGA, firmware, and hardware to create new printing and marking products.
- Research design options and perform tests or experiments to determine potential design feasibility
- Generate CAD tool based design schematics.
- Provide thorough simulation of all designs.
- Responsible for the oversight of the required board layout activities.
- Utilize strong debug skills to effectively resolve board level and system level problems
- Identify the suite of tests required to validate each new design at the board and system levels.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member within development teams.
- Assist in the creation of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Validation Test Requirements documents.
- Deliver technical conceptualization efforts and vision for future product development.
- Provide part obsolescence design activities as required.
- Ability to provide professional customer service as occasionally needed.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites or product shows infrequently.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Technical expertise in FPGA, firmware, and digital hardware development
- Excellent Verilog design skills
- Proficient with modeling and simulation tools
- Schematic capture experience and familiarity with related board design requirements
- Experienced with the entire design process from concept through debug and development to commercialization
- Capable of debugging the FPGA and hardware system using standard lab equipment.
- Ability to effectively debug system level problems with other engineers and developers
- Can work effectively in cross functional teams.
- Ability to mentor other engineers or developers as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Altera FPGA experience
- System Verilog experience
- Printer technology experience
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401(k) plus profit sharing.
Please submit resume to email@example.com