Technical Product Manager
The Technical Product Manager at Engage Technologies Corp. will oversee technical aspects for small character technologies products. Duties will include oversight of product and production testing, distributor technical support, advanced technical training program, involvement in major sales projects, sample labs, training and sample equipment, warranty, and parts stocking. Manage small character field service technicians. Small character technologies products including CIJ inkjet and laser coders. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of industrial CIJ inkjet printers. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Product testing and ongoing development
- Support production testing operation as required
- Perform new ink testing and certification
- Support technical requirements for distributor sales activities and project development.
- Assist with application assessment and configuration.
- Recommend appropriate inks for applications.
- Determine if new ink needs to be developed.
- Develop and provide advanced technical training for distributor technicians.
- Monitor distributors for service technician performance and formal training.
- Manage sample preparation
- Maintain training and sample lab equipment
- Assist with warranty claims and parts stock management
- Work safely. Maintain safe, clean and organized work area.
- Train coworkers as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience with CIJ inkjet or related products.
- Intermediate understanding of electronics and PC networking.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude with good trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a valid Class D driver’s license.
- Ability to travel 10 - 20% of the time.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Associate degree.
- Associates degree in a technical specialty or higher.
- Previous experience in with CIJ printers.
- Experience with industrial lasers and piezo DOD printers.
- Previous management experience
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which may include dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, and similar elements.
- Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401 (k) / Profit sharing.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, and AFM, Technologies. Squid Ink (www.squidink.com) is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey (www.eastey.com) is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery (www.afmsleeves.com) is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.