Job Class: Building Manager
Job ID: 16324
Closing Date: 10/06/2017
Division/Unit: Facilities Management Division
Work Shift/Work Hours: Evening Shift; 4pm- 12am
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $26.54 - $38.43 /hourly; $55,416 - $80,242/annually
The Minnesota Department of Administration is hiring a Building Manger in our Facilities Management Division. This position is responsible to manage building services for 20 facilities with 4.7M square feet under the Department of Administration's custodial control on and around the Capitol Complex within Ramsey County. This position manages an evening cleaning staff consisting of 8 direct report supervisors and 109 custodial staff. Responsibilities include maintaining tenant relationships, coordinating and overseeing all service work in the assigned buildings, and implementing cost controls. The manager must work closely with the Plant Operations and Building Services Managers to coordinate all building activities and keep clients informed of all work that has an impact on their operations. This position also provides initial incident response management for evening building operations and contingency notification to offsite managers and supervisors. The incumbent must be able to participate effectively, and demonstrate a collaborative effort that maximizes the contributions of others; working as part of a team with other participants in the Facilities Management Division and performing other miscellaneous tasks as required to facilitate the responsibilities of the division.
In order to satisfy the demands of the position, there will be limited periods of mandatory overtime—usually during the end of the legislative session and during infrequent special sessions as called by the Governor. Additionally, daily work hours may be adjusted occasionally in order to attend meetings or deal with vendors. Compensation for these adjustments will be paid in accordance with the State of Minnesota Middle Management Association contract guidelines.
Note: The shift differential for supervisors working on assigned shifts which begin before 6:00 a.m. or which end at or after 7:00 p.m. shall be sixty-five cents ($.65) per hour for all hours worked on that shift.
· Two (2) years experience supervising or managing staff. Experience must include: hiring, discipline, team building, and performance management skills demonstrating the ability to implement performance standards and training goals.
· Two (2) years experience directing building services programs for a large scale or multi-building complex sufficient to develop and maintain maintenance schedules, ensure proper staffing coverage, and coordinate customer and agency needs
· Detailed knowledge of building services applications including: general cleaning, floor finishing, carpet extraction techniques as well as knowledge about cleaning products and their application for various surface types and finishes
· Financial aptitude sufficient to manage cleaning material and supply budgets.
· Skill with using work order/job order management systems such as Archibus or equivalent
· Skill in using computer software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Ability to implement short- and long-range planning principles and practices
· Outstanding oral and written communication abilities sufficient to share information to a variety of audiences
· Customer service skills sufficient to satisfy the needs of high demand customers at multiple locations
· Knowledge of public sector purchasing policies
Must possess a valid class D driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record
Successful applicant must pass a criminal background check through American Databank and employment reference checks.
- Associates degree or higher in liberal arts or applied sciences
- Experience with project planning software such as Primavera or equivalent.
- Experience working in a union environment
- Knowledge of waste management and state of the art recycling practices
Some infrequent lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds may be required. Must have the ability to inspect emergency situations in buildings which may include traversing over rough terrain, climbing ladders, or entering confined spaces.
How to Apply:
All applicants must apply online at the State of Minnesota Careers page at www.mn.gov/careers by searching Job ID 16324. Applications accepted through October 6, 2017.
Contact for more information: Jess Fenlon, firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/58nzhgb6vd4qssqd