3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR -PRODUCT SAFETY AND QUALITY ASSURANCE (PSQA)For APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES Provide strategic vision, policy and leadership in the development and execution of comprehensive strategies and initiatives relating to Target's quality assurance and product compliance efforts with a specific focus on positively impacting our guest product experience. Develop strong relationships and build integrated programs with cross functional teams to ensure PSQA Apparel and Accessories is embedded in Target's merchandising practices. Lead a team of multi-disciplined professionals: support development, elevation and growth opportunities for the team, actively engage and encourage them to innovate, and monitor and measure their performance in order to ensure articulated goals and enhance our Guest experience.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Director Product Safety and Quality Assurance Apparel and Accessories you'll take the lead as you…
- Supervise, coach, develop and elevate direct report team members, both technical and non-technical, to help them achieve both business and career goals. Create an open, interactive and supportive team environment, providing guidance to manage relationships and activities that are unique, diverse and complex. Coach team on appropriate communication style/methodology, balancing technical with summary and factual data.
- Develop team strategy to best leverage technical expertise within PSQA and align resources to best meet product complexities
- Foster an inclusive environment that promotes a high level of team engagement
- Directly engage Senior Leaders to manage and ensure PSQA fits with overall Target goals.
- Navigate through product removals, withdrawal, recalls or CPSC inquiries
- Advocate for product quality, safety & compliance throughout the enterprise
- Change agent for successful implementation of key strategies and solutions with efficient use of resources and minimal business interruption and impact from new processes for the enterprise
- Influence setting priorities to achieve QA vision based on a risk based model at an enterprise level
- Identify gaps with the ability to translate process requirements into system requirements, enhancements and measurable reporting needs to support complex business models
- Break down barriers to move PSQA involvement upstream and develop processes for consistency
- Develop category expertise to drive efficient decision making and balance what is best for Guest with quality expectations and issues concerning assigned categories. Oversee process content for these categories and manage day to day operations.
- Ensure guest product feedback/data is incorporated as a key input for all deliverables as an organization
- Support and enhance Target's brand equity by promoting knowledge and awareness of our Standards of Vendor Engagement throughout the corporation, our business communities and vendor partners.
- 4 year technical college degree with a focus in apparel, apparel technical design, textiles and/or manufacturing, industrial engineering or other engineering disciples.
- 4 year business degree combined with a proven track record of running a QA department
- 10 + years' experience as a leader within a large organization in quality assurance or related disciplines
- Thorough understanding of quality design and control, manufacturability and factory execution knowledge
- High level of broad product category knowledge at the consumer products level inclusive of product testing and protocol development.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and to the appropriate external parties to balance technical with business needs.
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- International and Domestic travel required