Medical Assistant: East Side Family Clinic
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, coworkers) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participate and work positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a patient care team within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Know, understand and adhere to organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care.
- Escort patient to exam room, take and document vital signs/measurements, confirm reason for visit, perform screening assessments.
- Set up and assist with health supervision, acute and chronic care visits, and diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Carry out provider orders, including lab draws, scheduling follow-up and referral appointments, immunizations, EKGs, spirometry, etc.
- Clean and restock exam rooms and procedure room on a specific schedule and PRN.
- Perform as language interpreter for clinical staff.
- Screen telephone calls for nursing triage and providers
- Maintains clinic security by alerting appropriate personnel of safety, fire and other unsafe conditions.
- Performs other related work as required.