Sr Mgr Item Data Operations
PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Sr. Item Operations Manager will lead the Item Data Quality (DQ) strategy for Target Enterprise within the Item Center of Excellence (COE). The Sr. Item Operations Manager will define and implement strategies, data policies and standards, new operating models, and processes to effectively govern Target's enterprise item data. This role guides and influences the Item COE to achieve data quality goals. Responsible for item data quality including the identification of data quality issues, overseeing remediation plans, implementing cross functional item data quality projects, and defining item data quality remediation strategies.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure item data meets the following characteristics: accurate, valid, reliable, timely, relevant and complete.
- Develop and drive Enterprise item data quality strategies by identifying the most impactful data quality areas to focus on and set prioritization within these areas.
- Create, manage and facilitate Data Policy Governance.
- Develop and drive Item Data Quality system requirements
- Develop and drive Item Data Quality business rule governance.
- Develop and deliver status updates on data quality across the organization.
- Sets formal standards, policies and processes regarding data quality management.
- Manage a team of Item Data Quality Analysts that proactively identify item data failures and discrepancies and corrects them prior to them becoming guest facing or inhibiting supply chain efficiencies.
- Create, monitor and improve item data quality metrics across the Enterprise.
- Lead the creation and execution of the end to end data quality process.
- Identify and Lead key Item Data Projects for the Item COE.
- Direct Report team consisting of five Item Data Quality Analysts. Reports to Director, Enterprise Item Center of Excellence.
- Partners with Sr. Directors, Directors, Item Data Managers, Item Data Analysts, Site Content, Site Merchandising, Merchants, and Taxonomy teams on data quality processes and leads projects as required.
- Proven experience leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing, driving, and executing large strategic initiatives.
- GS1 Industry Standards knowledge highly preferred.
- Digital, e-commerce experience highly preferred.
- Strong commitment to quality and productivity measurements and controls.
- Ability to set operational priorities for team and data quality measurements.
- Strong presence, meeting management and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Strong partner relationship skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong execution skills, self-motivated, able to set work plans and prioritize.
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse workforce at all levels and external vendors in a logical, courteous, professional and thorough manner.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent operations experience.