Ware is working with a med device company in the north metro that is looking for an experience Packaging Engineer. This is really a specialized role that encompasses Package Engineering, Technical Communications, Graphic Designs, and IT BA pieces. The role is project based, and scheduled to last approximately one year.
- Conceptualize, specify, design, simulate, and verify portions of packaging design for medical devices or instrumentation in a regulated environment using standard package engineering tools and methods.
- Prepare, document, and maintain formal documentation, including protocols and reports. Documentation will meet FDA/ISO guidelines and company procedures for design control evidence.
- Under general direction, determine and develop approach to solutions. Prepare deliverable and timeline estimates for own project work.
- Participate in technical reviews, lead the review for their own work.
- Access packaging aspects of method, process, or material performance against established standards or specifications. Identify and investigate negative trends or failing conditions leading to root cause.
- Work with cross-functions to identify design inputs and design decisions for package label development. Including, but not limited to, geographical, manufacturing, and distribution inputs.
- Create and format content for package labels and prepare for technical review and alignment.
- Partner with manufacturing and distribution sites to identify and verify requirements for production of package labels.
- BA/BS in packaging, mechanical, or related engineering
- 2+ years of job-related experience
- Medical device experience is preferred, though packaging and/or package label development in another industry would be acceptable,
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with FDA, ISO, EN, and/or GMP standards.