Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Leads and supervises the day-to-day operations of the strategic sourcing team focused on both open market and alliance customer agreements. Leads developing sourcing strategies and goals to deliver lowest total cost of ownership and mitigate supply-chain risks for our branches and customers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential Functions
- Leads development, communication and execution of sourcing strategies and goals for Border States branches and customers. Strategies include focus on both alliance customer agreements and regional goals defined for the open market.
- Executes defined sourcing category review strategies to deliver lowest total cost of ownership, rationalize vendor base and mitigate supply-chain risks.
- Negotiates supplier pricing and sourcing terms with an objective to ensure market relevant pricing for branches and customers.
- Works with customers and branches to establish annual total cost savings and single source reduction goals for Border States alliance customers.
- Leads company strategic sourcing events as needed based on customer requirements, or as market conditions require further due diligence on specific sourcing categories.
- Communicates sourcing strategies and results to key stakeholders includes market management, procurement, branches and customers.
- Coordinates and evaluates results of annual quotes renewals. Ensures market relevance in cost justification in vendor price changes.
- Drives the development of sourcing management, tools, and processes as changing business needs are identified for customers and branches.
- Responsible for establishing and driving accountability to team goals consistent with company sourcing, cost management, profitability, process improvement and customer service objectives.
- Provides key input in pricing & sourcing department strategic and operating plans.
- Non-essential Functions
- Complete training as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year business, technical, engineering or marketing degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years pricing, sourcing or relevant work experience preferred.
- Advanced supply-chain, leadership or relevant certification/training preferred (e.g. CSCP, CPIM, Six Sigma, CEP, CSP, CPP).
- Advanced technical knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English required.
- Demonstrates ability to exceed expectations of job duties in current or previous positions.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop strong teams and attract top talent
- Ability to establish goals, set expectations and ensure accountability to results
- Demonstrates ability to drive team alignment to core/strategic objectives.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pricing systems, processes, procedures and methods.
- Excellent customer service skills including consistent delivery of our core service excellence expectations of being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and deliver solutions.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?