Distribution Leadership Trainee - Northwest Region
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
PURPOSE OF THE DISTRIBUTION LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This comprehensive 2-year development program includes a combination of meaningful assignments in high-impact roles, formal business and leadership skills learning, and coaching/mentoring from BSE leaders. Exposure to key operations, sales support departments, and location/customer visits round out the learning opportunities in the Distribution Leadership Program. After successful completion of the program you will be placed in an operations leadership role, outside sales, inside sales or other sales support position in quotations, project management or national accounts.DISTRIBUTION LEADERSHIP PROGRAM OUTLINE
- 2-year program focused on work life experiences, coaching and foundational educational courses
- Extensive training on BSE products through industry-based self-guided product knowledge training, manufacturer training and plant tours
- Extensive training on BSE service capabilities through operations and logistics work life experiences
- Introduction to BSE customers through sales and customer work life experiences
- Work life experiences in all sales support roles to develop the ability to work cross-functionally with sales teams and market segments to achieve customer service and sales objectives
- Additional project-based work life experiences
- Opportunity to gain work life experiences in various Border States locations
- Extensive coaching and assessment-feedback system
- Willingness to relocate with assistance to assigned BSE regional location after completion of the program
- Willingness to relocate with assistance to the regional headquarters or largest branch city during the program
- Willingness to travel and work in assigned BSE locations during the program
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Business, Sales/Marketing or Industrial Distribution preferred, completion of other degrees considered
- Proven pre-degree volunteer, sales or customer service experience
- Has a valid driver's license
- This position requires the ability to lift more than 20 pounds on an occasional basis and move up to 20 pounds on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and walking. These requirements must be met with or without accommodation
During the BSE Distribution Leadership Program, trainees earn a competitive salary and are eligible for company bonus programs. All training and education expenses are covered by Border States. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and ESOP.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?