Dir Of Casino Finance
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Cage, Casino Audit (Title 31 and Revenue), Count Room
Accountable for security of cash and cash-equivalents for casino activities. Provides Managers with general direction based on company strategic plan to operate their respective areas and ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and service standards. Responsible for maintaining compliance with IRS gaming related tax forms, tax deposits and required submissions including forms W-2G, 1099, 1042S, 945, 730, 11C, B Notices and the related tax payments and submissions. Responsible for Title 31 reporting including the review and filing of CTRCs and SARCs, maintaining a training program for completing CTRCs and SARCs and assist in developing analytical procedures to accurately report cash transactions and identify potential suspicious activity.
Maintains security of all cage, count, vault, casino audit, and check services assets. Finalizes and monitors budgets for all departments.
- Reviews casino finance internal controls to ensure safeguarding of company assets and maintenance of operational efficiency. Develops and revises policies and procedures as necessary. Reviews documents and reports and resolves compliance issues. Reviews reports on operations to identify strengths and improvement areas.
- Ensures compliance with all IRS gaming related tax forms, tax deposits and required submissions including forms W-2G, 1099, 1042S, 945, 730, 11C, B Notices and the related tax payments and submissions for proper completeness and timely filing.
- Ensures compliance with Title 31 reporting requirements including the review and filing of CTRCs and SARCs, maintaining a training program for completing CTRCs and SARCs and assist in developing analytical procedures to accurately report cash transactions and identify potential suspicious activity. Ensures filings are complete and submitted timely. Serves as a member of the Currency Transaction Reporting Workgroup.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members. Includes training, developing, performance management, and terminations. Conducts strategic planning with Managers to achieve business goals. Develops department expectations and objectives including guest services initiatives and communicates to Managers.
- Approves establishment of Check Cashing Accounts, makes override decisions and approves overrides up to $50,000. Ensures departments' compliance with the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Works to resolve conflicts with other departments, team members, and guests on procedural and service issues.
- Occasional tasks
- Combination of post-secondary education and experience to equal nine years in a casino finance environment or related business field with at least five years management experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency with a large computerized casino/cage environment. Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and other laws and regulations pertaining to financial reporting and internal control standards.
- Knowledge of IRS forms: W-2G, 1099, 1042S, 945, 730, 11C, and B Notices procedures, compliance standards and submission requirements.
- Knowledge of Title 31 requirements including CTRC, SARC documentation, processing and related regulations (Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, and electronic mail software.