Director of Nursing /Clinical Administrator - Long Term Care (LTC)
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Highland Ridge is seeking a Director of Nursing / Clinical Administrator to join our Long Term Care team.
About this Community
100 Village View Circle
Williamsburg, IA 52361
Situated upon a lofty hilltop, Highland Ridge offers sweeping views of the Williamsburg community below. The area's natural appeal is evident and available for all to enjoy.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Free employee meals
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care
The Director of Nursing / Clinical Administrator is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, evaluating and effectively directing the clinical staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality resident care and services consistent with regulations and established clinical best practices. specifically:
- As a member of the site leadership team, participate in the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality resident care while achieving short and long-term operational goals for the site.
- Create and maintain an environment that achieves high quality care (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of residents and maintains their independence and dignity to the highest degree possible within the PHS continuum.
- Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
- Oversee the implementation of resident care processes: Selection, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care based upon regulations and established clinical best practices. Participate in resident care processes as needed.
- Oversee and monitor the clinical components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
- As a supervisor of a large team, the Clinical Administrator is directly responsible for leading and growing members of the team and should be able to demonstrate experience in this area.
The Clinical Administrator reports to the Care Center Administrator or Campus Administrator (depending on the care setting) and directly supervises all managers of clinical services which may include: Clinical Coordinators, RAI staff, Infection Control, Supervisors, and Staffing Coordinator, and indirectly supervises all RNs, LPNs, Medication Assistants, Resident Assistants and Resident Aides. The Clinical Administrator also oversees the use of contracted services for clinical care.
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Three to five (3 - 5) years leadership experience in nursing.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Demonstrated competencies in health care management and operations, quality management, staff development, resident and family support systems, and community outreach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gerontological nursing, rehabilitative and restorative clinical practices.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers