Doherty Career Solutions
Our client, a premier Twin Cities HVAC, Plumbing, and Millwright Contractor, is seeking a dependable self-starter to join our accounting and administrative support team. The ideal candidate is a committed team player willing to support intra-department and company-wide objectives and has a high tolerance for change. This individual will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting and administrative tasks that include the following.
- Manage vendor files and related document tracking.
- Accurately process vendor invoices against purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Reconcile AP aging against vendor statements.
- Prepare vendor payments; analyzing proper payment amounts including vendor discounts.
- Manage employee files and related document tracking.
- Accurately process weekly payroll and related payroll tax, job cost, union benefit, garnishment, and deduction reporting.
- Provide customer support for vendors, employees, and inter-office colleagues.
- Assist Controller with various month-end tasks.
- Provide phone coverage for front reception during breaks and absences.
- Perform various administrative projects and tasks that include but are not limited to; company safety program initiatives, state and local licensure, permits, and inventory management.
- Minimum of three years accounting related experience.
- Accounts Payable, Payroll, and job cost experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgement when making decisions.
- Possess a high tolerance for change.
- Skilled oral and written communicator.
- Effective at establishing positive working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and customers.
- Strong Excel, Word, and grammar skills.
- Previous experience using an accounting/operations integrated enterprise software system desired.
- Construction or Service Industry knowledge a plus.