Growing legal non-profit seeks an executive director to lead its 23-person staff.
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Program Development and Delivery - Ensure that organization has a long range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it can make consistent, timely and demonstrable progress. Continually evaluate how well goals are being met.
- Administration and Human Resources Management – Establish and make use of an effective management team. Ensure compliance with personnel policies and state and federal regulations on workplaces and employment. Work to hire and retain a diverse and qualified staff.
- Community Relations – Serve as an effective spokesperson for the organization; represent the programs and point of view to the agencies, organization and the general public. Work to increase cooperation and collaboration with community partners.
- Financial Management and Legal Compliance – Assure adequate control and accounting of all funds, including developing and maintaining sound financial practices. Oversee preparation of and adherence to annual budget.
- Fundraising – Oversee development of grant proposals and other fundraising initiatives, including annual events in coordination with Development Coordinator. Oversee marketing and other communication efforts.
- Board of Directors – Provide appropriate, adequate and timely information to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, including preparing board agendas in consultation with board chair, providing monthly financial and program reports, and interfacing between board and staff.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Directly accountable to the VLN Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS: Successfully fulfilling the above responsibilities will require the following skills and experience:
- J.D. preferred;
- Five to ten years of successful experience in a managerial or executive director position;
- Experience reporting to a board of directors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of local community resources a plus;
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income communities and communities of color.
VLN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or any other factors prohibited by applicable law.
Those with diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: Include individual health insurance and liberal vacation.
Starting date: As soon as possible after the position is filled.
Applications: Applications should include a resume, a letter explaining interest in this position, and salary requirements.
Apply for Growing legal non-profit seeks an executive director to lead its 23-person staff.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly