Clinical Support Supervisor-La Clinica
TITLE: Clinical Support Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUMMARY: Responsible for day to day planning, supervising and implementing medical records and referrals systems that promote efficient and effective customer service, including working directly with staff on the daily operations of the medical records department.
- Responsible for direct oversight of the health information management department and efficient system flow of protected health information to realize a contiguous and current Electronic Health Record.
- Responsible for direct oversight of the referrals department and system flow of referral orders, related health information, and ensuring timely coordination of care as required by HRSA’s FTCA Tracking Requirements.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and legal standards for health information management and patient information sharing across the organization.
- Supervise off-site health information management processing and copy service.
- Coordinate health plan/external health information audits.
- Ensure the release of information forms,
- Ensure HIPAA compliance for privacy rule request forms.
- Review policies/procedures with staff and make appropriate changes to policies/procedure.
- Serve as the privacy officer for the organization, taking action on all complaints concerning the organization’s privacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to provide optimum service to patients and other customers.
- Perform related work as required.
Operates independently within scope of responsibility.
Supervise health information and referrals staff.
May provide work direction to volunteers/students.
INFECTION CONTROL AND SAFETY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY:
Understands basic universal precautions, right to know information and ensures staff is
oriented and annually updated on these areas.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in a clinic environment.
Requires prolonged sitting; some bending, stooping and stretching.
Occasional evening or weekend hours.
Fast-paced, high volume services.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Ability to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
Requires ability to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Broad knowledge of information systems and personal computer technology.
Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access and release of information.
Knowledge in the ability to apply the principles of HIM, project management, and change management.
Skill in assessing staff competency in required skills.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
Demonstrated skill in working with a diverse staff.
Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in health information management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of two years experience in health care environment, preferably in a clinic setting.
One year supervisory experience preferred.