Mortgage Lending Processor
Mortgage Lending Processor – Full Time
This new position will be part of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity’s lending subsidiary, TCHFH Lending, Inc., and will be responsible for supporting the mortgage origination and portfolio management roles. The Mortgage Lending Processor (MLP) provides detailed support on all mortgages originated to borrowers ensuring that the proper documentation is prepared, files are organized, compliance reporting is complete, and internal reporting is accurate. Post-mortgage origination, the MLP is responsible for ongoing file maintenance, closeout, and preparation for investor purchase. This position supports the operations of the growing Lending Department of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity an organization making it possible for low- and moderate-income renters to become homeowners through purchase of a Habitat-built home or home purchased and rehabilitated on the open market. The MLP will be an integral part of ensuring effective and efficient delivery of our affordable home mortgage loan and ongoing borrower support. This position reports to the Lending Operations Manager and will be part of a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Assist the mortgage originator with the steps to engage homebuyers within 60 days of closing to start the mortgage application process.
- Accurate and prompt data entry into client management software, Homekeeper, on an ongoing basis through the origination process to ensure consistent and accurate reporting.
- Management of file in preparation of closing
- Collaborate with title company to schedule mortgage closings as detailed on the purchase agreements.
- Preparation of subordinate loan closing packages
- Collaborate with other departments and funding agencies to ensure all necessary approvals are obtained and funds submitted to the title company.
- Maintain accurate pre-approval reporting to help measure success of homebuyers in our open market program.
Post Mortgage Closing:
- Manage the file corrections process, ensuring efficient timeline and proper reporting to necessary parties.
- Follow up with title company or final recorded documentation
- Post-closing compliance reporting and file preparation, including cross-departmental teamwork.
- Final file closeout checklist and data entry into client management software, Homekeeper.
- Preparation of file for sale to investor
- Manage the cross-department mortgage support provided to the A Brush With Kindness (ABWK) critical home repair program
- Working with title company to obtain and review homeowner title
- Underwriting demonstrating positive ability-to-repay and documentation preparation
- Preparation and submission of monthly invoices for repayment plans, including cross-departmental management with TCHFH’s accounting department.
- Recordation of mortgage documents
- Assistance with ongoing monthly and annual servicing requirements.
- Special projects as needed
- General support to the lending department as needed
- Participate in the people-centered culture of Twin Cities Habitat, including lending departmental support, special projects and other duties as assigned by the Lending Operations Manager or Vice President of Lending.
Education: High school diploma with additional consideration for further education in finance, business, accounting, or real estate.
- Very organized, detail-oriented, fast and comfortable with various software programs including strong Excel and database skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and/or files at any given time with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated self-starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals and mission of the organization are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Recent experience with lending, compliance, and processing. Strong preference for 1+ years of experience in the mortgage industry.
- Experience packaging mortgage loan files for sale, ensuring file quality and completeness.
- Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity organization, mission, and its borrowers a plus.
- Experience working with low- and moderate-income homebuyers in a mortgage lending, banking, nonprofit, community-based lending, or CDFI setting.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced skills in Excel and/or Access preferred.
Strong oral, written and presentation skills preferred.
Ability to demonstrate strong customer service, especially in working with low-and moderate-income individuals.
Ability to work with individuals of varied cultural, religious and language backgrounds and with interpreters.
High level of integrity, confidentiality, and emotional intelligence.
- Approachability: Welcoming and friendly disposition, with good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to Detail: Possess thorough, organized and a detail-oriented approach to work.
- Business Acumen: An emphasis on professionalism; able to exhibit appropriate work behavior.
- Communication: Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to write professional documents and able to communicate concepts clearly and effectively.
- Continuous Learning: Makes ongoing adjustments, based on ongoing feedback.
- Initiative: Self-motivated, able to work independently and capable of proactively and creatively initiating and completing tasks
- Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains effective relationships with others; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations in an open, friendly, and professional manner; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
- Teamwork: Work as an effective and proactive team-player
- Hear and speak in order to accurately communicate with others
- Work at a desk and computer while writing, typing and using the phone for extended periods of time
- Visual ability to inspect homes pre-purchase and post-closing, as needed
- Ability to move around the office and visit home sites
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds unassisted
- Ability to independently operate a motor vehicle
The majority of the work is performed in an office environment with some off-site property inspections.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Non-Exempt position, 40 hours per week
- Majority of office hours between 8am-6pm
- Position requires some evening and weekend work
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please submit as one combined document: a cover letter, resume and references to HR via one of the following methods:
1. Mail: 1954 University Ave West St Paul, MN 55104
2. Fax: 612-305-7110
3. Apply online at www.tchabitat.org/about/careers
“Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, regardless of their race, color. Creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, age (over 40), or status with regard to public assistance, local human rights commission activity or other protected status.”