Project Manager – Full Time
Plan, organize, implement and supervise projects, including single family, cluster and multi-family new building and remodels. Acting as project team leader in partnership with the identified relevant department staff, develop the scope of work; determine the project budget, schedule and work, being the primary decision-maker within budget and schedule in consultation with the project team. The Project Manager will facilitate resolution of budget and schedule issues beyond the scope of the agreed-upon budget and schedule, manage relationships with outside agencies affecting the project, lead at coordination meetings, oversee the application of resources to the project, track the project budget, update and track the Microsoft Project schedule and help trouble-shoot issues and problems relating to project implementation to achieve desired results: Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Perform Project Management on projects, including scope of work, budget, scheduling in applicable scheduling software, resource management, job-cost oversight, interfacing with departments and external agencies, attendance and participation at Construction, Volunteer Services, Land Acquisition and Programs and Services meetings, project-problem resolution, implementation of project goals and post project analysis
- In coordination with applicable departments, committees and staff, lead and participate in joint decision-making regarding the scheduling software tool, Accounting/budget/job-cost reporting, In-kind/materials and services integration, family selection, matching and special needs, volunteer coordination and scheduling, construction office and field resources and warehouse/purchasing and packaging, including all essential information communications to applicable staff
- Manage volunteer resources with respect to construction site needs and propose solutions to scheduling conflicts and resolve issues as they arise
- Maintain accurate knowledge of volunteer opportunities and document the volunteer needs on each TCHFH construction site
- High school diploma, bachelor’s degree in construction or Project Management preferred
- 3 years’ experience in residential building project management required, including working with subcontractors.
- 3 or more years’ experience with applicable Project Management experience, or no experience with applicable Project Management degree
- Two years’ experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with appropriate software including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel required.
- Two years’ experience working with Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read technical reports, engineering and construction documents and technical knowledge of building components and their function
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including MS Project helpful
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Prioritization Skills: Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Decision Making: Ability to make complex operating, administrative, and procedural decisions
- Teamwork: Ability to foster a cooperative business environment
- Results Orientation: drives for successful results, moves tasks and assignments towards closure
- Customer Service: Responsively addresses the needs of the customer; accurately diagnoses customer needs; communicates effectively with customers; establishes customer rapport
- Leading, Modeling & Visioning: Provides leadership by example
- Coaching, Developing & Mentoring: Provides challenging assignments with clear constructive feedback, acts as a positive mentor
- Project Management: Plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage work. Workflow analysis and management skills. Ability to maintain accurate and complete project records. Ability to juggle multiple projects, multi-task, meet deadlines.
- Initiative: Self-motived; able to work independently and capable of proactively and creatively initiating and completing tasks
- Continuous Learning: actively works to continuously gain understanding and knowledge to improve approaches, technologies, solutions, market conditions and customer needs
- Stand and walk for the majority of a work day, sometimes on uneven surfaces
- Walk and climb, including ladders and stairs
- Independently operate a motor vehicle
The majority of the work is performed in an office environment, with some work outside on construction sites with exposure to dirt, dust, dampness, construction debris, possible extreme temperatures, noises, construction material fumes and odors
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Please submit as one combined document: a cover letter, resume and references to Human Resources via one of the following methods:
1. Mail: 1954 University Ave West St Paul, MN 55104
2. Fax: 612-305-7110
3. Apply online at www.tchabitat.org/about/careers
“Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, regardless of their race, color. Creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, age (over 40), or status with regard to public assistance, local human rights commission activity or other protected status.”