WSN is an established Architectural/Engineering firm with a broad client base and eight offices in greater Minnesota and North Dakota. We have a career opening for a Architect in our ROCHESTER, MN office. The ideal candidate will have:
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of building projects, with emphasis on construction document production.
- Strong Revit skills (provide samples of work).
- Experience using SketchUp and Lumion.
- The ability to manage multiple projects of varying sizes.
- Ability to communication effectively with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- An Architecture License in MN or be on a career track toward licensure.
- Develop a thorough understanding of project design philosophy including design intent and performance goals. Effectively convey this to assigned team members when appropriate.
- Contribute to a project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination, and quality control efforts during all phases of project work and in close collaboration with Senior Designers.
- Seek creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks. Identify appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions.
- Actively collaborate with and coordinate the work of consultants and resources to ensure project deliverables are coordinated, integrated, and support the design intent and performance goals of the project.
- Contribute to the preparation of design documents and detailed construction documents during all project phases with delivery of complete, accurate, and coordinated project documentation.
- Advance the production of schematic, design development, and construction documents in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost, and design intent.
- Review shop drawings, material samples, and means/methods during construction for conformance with construction documents and design intent.
- Perform construction administration duties (e.g. review of RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Accomplish assigned tasks accurately and efficiently as a part of the overall project team (designers, consultants, clients, owners).
- Maintain awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors during all project phases. Participate in marketing, client, and owner presentations as required.
We offer an opportunity to work on a variety of architectural projects with professional engineers within our firm as well as outside consultants. Our projects include schools, offices, state and municipal facilities, hospitality, industrial and institutional buildings. Our projects are in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. We promote professional training and create opportunities for young professionals’ development and growth.
WSN offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits package, including health care insurance, HSA, life insurance, disability, 401K and cafeteria plans. Learn more about WSN at our website, then apply online with your resume and letter of interest: http://www.widsethsmithnolting.com/careers.php