Humera is looking for a Office Accountant to work for our client, a premire automotive company, in Wayzata, MN. This position provides office support working general clerical roles(i.e. filing, scanning) and bookkeeping (i.e AP/AR).
- Checks all vouchers and obtains appropriate payment approval.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Reconciles statement and the ledger making sure that payments are consistent with dealership schedules.
- Analyzes vendor accounts.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles warranties, sublet, misc. payables, 22010, 30010 and inter company.
- Prepares, issues and sends out casual checks.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Prepares daily deposits for Service, Body Shop, Parts and Sales and weekly cash deposit.
- Prints daily Docs and DCS reports.
- Order supplies
- Verify and print 1099s yearly.
- Keep track of fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedule.
- Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
- Prepares accounts receivable statements monthly.
- Researchers and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Copies, sends and/or faxes statements or copies of statements to customers or necessary employees.
- Answers accounts receivable phone calls and follows up on inquires. Prepares, issues and distributes paychecks.
- Must be able to type 40 WPM; 10 key by touch.
- Able to work in Office programs such as Excel, Word and general computer programs. (We provide training with an opportunity for this position to grow in responsibility)
- At least one year of automotive and/or related office accounting experience, preferably in AP/AR and automotive billing.