Lead Negotiator - Real Estate
JOIN US AS A LEAD NEGOTIATOR - REAL ESTATEAbout This OpportunityStrategically manage Target's existing store real estate portfolio to drive sales and enhance property value. Serve as primary business representative for issues affecting Target's existing real estate assets. Manage relationships with shopping center owners, brokers and other external parties in the real estate industry. Negotiate deals to maximize value to Target with external parties. Drive consensus internally on the real estate strategy for major markets and each existing Target location. Lead redevelopments, reinvestments and dispositions at Target stores.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Negotiator you'll take the lead as you…
- Provide leadership and direction for real estate strategies within assigned territory.
- Proactively identify and execute business opportunities to improve Target's retail business.
- Manage disposition of surplus property within assigned territory.
- Develop expertise in all markets located within assigned geographic region, including store performance, competition activity, site knowledge and demographic changes.
- Effectively communicate at all levels (including senior management) within Target to gain support and approval for decisions and projects.
- Coordinate with developers and municipalities to obtain and document necessary consents and approvals.
- Negotiate new operating agreements, amendments and other real estate legal documents with external parties such as developers, landlords and municipalities.
- Manage Target's response to government-driven property takings initiated through condemnations and eminent domain proceedings.
- Manage scheduling and completion of both short and long-term real estate projects.
- Lead efforts of internal departments (including Legal, Store Design, Construction, Property Management, etc.) to evaluate and resolve issues affecting existing sites.
- Manage contractual compliance with real estate documents.
- Interpret operating documents and other related legal agreements and provide guidance to internal customer groups affected by the terms.
- Identify and develop new processes to facilitate an increasing level of efficiency in the management of the real estate portfolio.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with developers, landlords, brokers and other real estate counterparts in the industry.
- Manage special short and long term projects as assigned.
- Own programs (e.g. lease portfolio, tenant portfolio, training), cross regional negotiation responsibilities or supervise team members as assigned.
- Four Year College Degree;
- 5+ years real estate experience;
- Professional knowledge and competency with basic real estate contract principals and terminology;
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal documents related to real estate rights and obligations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority and effectively leverage real estate expertise
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to resolve disputes by delivering a win-win scenarios
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and follow-through on multiple projects with minimal supervision;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- MBA or JD
- Experience obtaining governmental approvals for real estate projects.
- Strong retail real estate background