Allen Interactions is an industry leader in the custom e-Learning space. We seek a full-time staff accountant to join our accounting department help record, track, and report on our projects and on our financial results.
Position requires a person who can manage multiple agendas and deadlines, is a critical thinker who is a problem solver and can handle repetitive recurring tasks, enjoys engaging users from all levels of the organization and outside stakeholders, can operate with modest amount of supervision, willing to embrace change and be flexible as priorities can shift from day to day and week to week. This position has 6 core functions, they are:
- Handling Project Accounting which consists of created projects in project management software, creating billing schedules for projects, time entry and reporting for projects, customer invoicing and payment applications within the project management software, weekly milestone reporting, and other ad hoc reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Processing accounts payable within a traditional ERP, data entry of invoices, matching of purchase orders, contracts, and recurring charges into AP system, weekly check runs, matching of checks with backup support, and assisting with AP filing.
- Recording new customer master service agreements (MSA) and project contracts-scope of work (SOW), and change of scope documentation (COS), scanning, saving, and filing contract and project paperwork.
- Tracking and recording commissions and studio bonus calculations and supporting documentation, monthly percentage of completion and commission reports.
- Journal entries and other end of the month/quarter/year accounting activities and reconciliations.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Firm working knowledge of Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and macros (macros helpful but not required), experience in an ERP system with modular functionality, experience in project accounting in a service business environment (percentage of completion accounting preferred but not required), good written and verbal communication skills, general understanding of GAAP. Specific software experience preferred but not required in Microsoft Dynamics (ERP) and Open Air (project management) or similar applications.
Ability to handle moderately high volume or emails and voicemails.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3+ years of accounting experience or at least 9 years of general accounting experience.
Benefits include health, dental, holidays, 401k, and PTO.
Not accepting applicants through firms, agencies, and/or recruiters