Maintenance Mechanic-2nd shift
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturing of grey and ductile iron castings. With over 120 years of experience and tradition, Pier Foundry delivers high quality castings with the shortest lead times in the business. As a growing business, we are always looking to add the best talent into our organization. Pier Foundry is currently seeking to fill the role of 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic with a committed, hard working and reliable individual to work in heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
Excellent Benefit Package
Motivated Team Environment
Opportunity for Growth
Salary $18-$30/hour - depending on experience
The Maintenance Mechanic is primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment, performed following appropriate safety and productive maintenance systems and processes, in order to support the achievement of Pier Foundry’s business goals.
Additional responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Perform highly diversified scheduled preventive maintenance tasks necessary for the continued safe operation of production machines and foundry equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to return to safe operation.
- Perform scheduled maintenance of production equipment during regular service intervals and semi-annual shutdowns.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Display in-depth knowledge of basic maintenance skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
The qualifications we are seeking for this position are as follows:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some HVAC experience, induction furnace experience is preferred.
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
This position involves regular bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines. Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and 0-30 lbs continuously.
Interested applicants please email resume!
All offers of employment are contingent upon passing drug test, respirator test and background check.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop,Inc participates in E-Verify.
Apply for Maintenance Mechanic-2nd shift
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly