Director of Research and Development
Inginaire is looking for a Director of Research and Development for out client, a dedicated company which provides to the highest quality products and services to the medical community, located in St. Paul, MN.
- Leading new innovation for company products:
- Drive new product development
- Work with key opinion leaders, companies, customers, internal sales, marketing and instrumentation area to find/develop new products.
- Lead and contribute to brainstorming discussions.
- Attend surgical trade shows and meetings to build network of contacts for leads and idea.
- Develop new products and/or enhance existing design based upon internal, customer requirements/input, compliance with engineering principles and company standards:
- Develop and maintain project plan, with a clear understanding of the trade-offs between scope, timeline and resources.
- Conduct budgeting, planning and resource evaluation. Identify and assign project team members.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Conduct design reviews as necessary from development through final release of the product according to our
- company systems/instructions. Regularly communicate timelines and risk factors to senior management.
- Work with cross functional teams and senior management to direct and advice of projects and priorities:
- Direct integration of technical activities and support activities related to projects.
- Identify critical path and clearly communicate to the team and senior management.
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs/ Quality to develop plans/strategy.
- Partner with Engineering to assist with the generation/development and maintenance of design and process specifications, product design history file. Coordinate the activities related to technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- BA degree in engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years related work experience (including minimum of 6+ years in medical device product development)
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective interaction with customers, engineers, other cross functional groups, and senior management to drive projects forward
- Ability to easily understand verbal and written instruction/guidance is required and to provide instruction to staff
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Experience with surgical instruments and their functions preferred Ability to travel up to 20%