Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate
The primary purpose of this position is to serve customers in the Twin Cities construction market for ASDCO Construction Supply as seasonal delivery driver and warehouse associate. Provides direct to customer delivery and service, as well as loading and unloading of products/materials as requested. This position is required to interact positively with customers, as the face of the company on job sites. Responsible for keeping the warehouse and surrounding grounds in neat condition. Strong customer relations, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and keeping up-to-date products knowledge is required. The successful candidate will also assist with customer sales and inventory control.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ customer service and sales experience.
- Must be 21 years of age, clean driving record and pass required DOT physical. Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently.
- Ability to provide customer service professionally, and in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Forklift certification, or ability to become certified (offered by employer)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supply Delivery (truck and trailer to deliver materials)
- Ships, receives, stores, or moves materials within the warehouse, loading area or storage area.
- Loading or unloading trucks, trailers, or other transportation devices; unpacking, shelving or packing items in proper storage locations.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information. Keeps records of goods shipped.
- Keeps warehouse and outside grounds clean and orderly.
- Identify customer requirements by establishing rapport with the customer.
- Track upcoming projects and provide competitive quotations as required.