7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leader in the metal finishing industry located in New Hope, MN. WE are seeking a Quality Technician on a 2nd shift for this exciting temporary to hire opportunity! Compensation for the Quality Technician starts at $18.00 to $20.00 per hour.
In the Quality Technician role, you will evaluate order information and product attributes to develop comprehensive work instructions for successful processing of material. Responsible for accurate assessment and disposition of nonconforming material. Works closely with Production, Sales and Customer Service to facilitate initial processing or salvage operations. Provides assistance and direction with process capability and troubleshooting issues.
Quality Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete comprehensive documentation packages such as PPAP and test data submissions.
- Accurately review and approve quality criteria and finishing requirements of customer materials and material processes.
- Perform contract and feasibility reviews through the First Article, Sample and Quotation Systems.
- Develop and forward formal customer corrective action reports.
- Participate in Customer conference calls and visits when required.
- Respond to requests for assistance from Production, Pricing, and Customer Service.
- Develop, select and enter process programs and correlating work instructions into the computer system.
- Assist in answering sales and customer questions or concerns pertaining to process and finishing requirements.
- Assist in troubleshooting process problems as they relate to product quality.
- Coordinate and participate in processing, testing and disposition of rework material.
- Review documentation and certify outgoing product.
Quality Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Quality or related field is preferred. Extensive metal finishing experience will be considered.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and walk up and down stairs several times per day.
- Must be able to occasionally lift parts up to 50 lbs.
- 50% of a day is spent stationary or on the computer.
- 50% of a day is spent walking or standing.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test.
- Steel Toed boots are required.
To apply for the Quality Technician role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Quality Technician position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app