Production Supervisor - Direct Hire
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Production Supervisor - 2nd shiftDoherty | The Employment Experts has partnered with one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the country who are leaders in manufacturing of visual communication, event and promotional display merchandise that are looking to add a Production Supervisor to their 2nd shift production facility in Ramsey, MN. The right candidate for this position must have a strong background in supervising and leadership. Have high energy level and the ability to work under pressure to meet production demands. The Production Supervisor will be responsible of the management and coordination of the 2nd shift production operations and assembly to ensure a quality product is shipped on time and at the right cost.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Work in a cross functional capacity to assure that all departments are working on their assigned tasks and following their standard work processes · Monitor attendance and take corrective actions as required · Report relevant shift and department status to the Director of Production and value stream supervisors · Monitor daily workload and assign production activities accordingly · Assure that quality processes and procedures within each department are being utilized at all times · Ensure that all 2nd shift employees are properly trained to complete their assigned tasks · Manage labor resources to maximize efficiency · Work effectively with all other departments to meet deadlines, objectives and ship dates · Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area · Assure that all company policies and procedures are strictly adhered to · All other duties as assigned by Director of Production Skills/Experience Required
- Four year business degree preferred, or 5 years of supervisory experience managing a staff in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities, as well as outstanding problem solving skills
- Proven track record of outstanding attendance
- Strong communication skills - oral and written
- Preferred experience with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen Events and/or Process Improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues to resolution
- Strong computer skills
Effective time management skills necessary
To learn more and apply for this position, please contact Jenny Anderson by phone at 952-832-3576 or email her at Janderson@doherty.com#hotjob