Life Enrichment Coordinator
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Maranatha Campus in Brooklyn Center Minnesota is seeking a Life Enrichment Coordinator for its team. The Life Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring established life enhancement/life enrichment programming for residents.
About this Community
5401 69th Avenue North
Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
Maranatha is a unique community made up of assisted living apartments, linked to the newly rebuilt care center and transitional care where 24 hour skilled nursing care is provided.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Access to bus route
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
The Life Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring established life enhancement/life enrichment programming for residents consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Promoting the resident's well being and satisfaction by supporting Liberty in all areas of the resident's life.
- Developing and interpreting standards of care, guiding the interdisciplinary team to establish and implement the resident's plan of care with the resident and his/her family and the Household team.
- Helping to improve systems and eliminate barriers to resident centered care and services.
- Collaborating with residents, families, other professionals and staff to implement established programs that meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household, including creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, life enrichment , exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity and Household rituals.
- Leading and participating in Chat Circles with residents and staff in the household daily.
- Assisting residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one. Provide for resident leisure life activities. Take residents outdoors, or out in the facility community.
- Planing, implementing and participating in outings and special events.
- Providing one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
- High School Diploma or related.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, program, implement and coordinate recreation programming for residents. Previous experience with seniors preferred.
- Class B license or ability to obtain within six months of hire as required by site.
- Strong communication skills, including good insights into resident preferences and needs. Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills with residents.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours such as during evenings and weekends for planned programs.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative and positive rapport with residents, staff, families and volunteers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS' mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.